The following checklist of questions should help you make sure you cover all the necessary steps in planning your project!
- Why have you chosen this activity? What exactly are you trying to achieve, and what message are you trying to get across?
- What does the event, activity or project itself involve? What steps/actions will the group need to take?
- What could go wrong, and what can you do to reduce the risks?
- Who is your audience? Who are you trying to reach?
- Who will be affected, directly or indirectly?
- Who is likely to support you and offer help?
- Who might oppose what you are doing?
- Who is going to take charge of the activity?
- Who will do what?
- Who needs to be asked for permission?
- On what day(s) will the activity take place? When is/are the best time(s)?
- How long will the preparation take?
- Where is the best location?
- How, exactly, will you see your project through? How will each job be carried out?
- How much will it cost, if anything? And how will you raise the money?
- How will you publicize the activity or event, in addition to contacting the media?
- How will people get to the event or activity?
- How will the expected results match up with the project's goals?
- Finally, how will you judge whether the event or activity was a success?
If you can answer all of these, you're well on your way to running a great campaign!